Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Who Am I???

"Who am I? You sure you want to know? The story of my life is not for the faint of heart. If somebody said it was a happy little tale... if somebody told you I was just your average ordinary guy, not a care in the world... somebody lied."

Thus goes the opening lines of the 2002 blockbuster, Spiderman.

Now the ball is in my court. Who am I? U sure u want to know?

I'm just yet another guy among u. A lot alike u but then so different from u. There isn't anything striking about me to make me stand out in a crowd except for the fact that I might look uneasy! Well, I've a problem with the, err, crowd or to put in another angle, two person is too much crowd for me!

So that’s where I begin. I'm an outright introvert. No no, I'm not proud about it and all. There had been times, when I've felt what if I wasn't. U know, especially when u have been seeing this particular good looking girl in the cafe for a few days now and u fumble and fumble inside urself for the right words and rehearse it a hundred times inside u and then suddenly the guy sitting next to u asks her, "Is that the latest copy of Verve with that exclusive on Mae West?" and I end up studying my palm and nails.

Born as the second child in a typical matrimonial ad material traditional-aristocratic family from Kerala and shadowed by my elder brother throughout my childhood thru puberty to teenage and continuing to my youth-hood, I was really insecure and ended up as an introvert. Well, I had no problems with my big bro; no sibling rivalry or anything but I guess he had! If being the school topper, athletics team captain and the school leader wasn't enough for him, he developed torturing me as a new area of interest. And I readily obliged! And I got a certificate for it that I still hang on my left eyebrow.

Ok, enough bitching about my bro. Well, he is quite nice actually. I should say so at least for the sake of his patients upon whom he operates. I don't want to be their anaesthetist.

I would like to remember my dad as a Hitler sans the moustache! He was very strict about one thing- everything that I didn't do! U know y Love Story is one of my favourite books? Cos Oliver calls his dad a SOAB all the time in the book. I know I shouldn't have said this but who cares. My mom was a poor soul caught up between all these. I guess she had a hard time seeing me getting all beaten up. Family bitching is also over.

Now let’s come to the part to what I did that eventually got me a job. I'm an engineer. I never wanted to be one. I didn't even know what an engineer actually did. But when my dad wanted to make me a doc, I knew I wouldn't be one. What was his mind on? Starting a hospital at home? Engineering was the only option before me. That was my first victory! My four years in engineering college changed my life forever. Not that I became much of an extrovert or that I had lots of girlfriend. As a matter of fact, I had a friend among girls and I was proud to call her my girl friend! It was there I met some of the most astonishing creatures called friends (Yeah, I had friends!) and there was where I found courage in booze and fag.

Now I've a good job that helps my stock of booze from not getting exhausted. Plus, I've a decent place to live with a lot of things thrown in for the effects. I'm a gadget guy!

And I've a huge bedroom with a nice bed and someone to share it. Boys, don't raise ur eyes; every dog has a day. I found her on mine. But she would be reserved for another post.

5 comments:

Raj said...

u got ur happy ending. :) start actually. liv it mahn.

ps: enginnering sucks big tym. n i have been in an eng collg 4 2 yrs n it seems like an eternity. tc n keep reading and blogging.

Onward said...

can i term this post as funny? i hope u dont mind..i know its not nice to smile at some1 else's misfortune but i liked the way u portrayed it..and yes u did get ur happy ending towards the end...so cheers mate

amith

Anonymous said...

@ Scarlet: U cant be sure that dis is the happy ending! U havent heard my story yet!!!

@Aw.S.M: U cn do it man! U can do wateva u wanna do...No1 is here 2 stop u.. Long ago, I understood dat, wen neck deep in shit, a good humor sense is better that a whole lot f brains!!!

Raj said...

then tell me ur story. i m all ears.

shilpa said...

u seem to have an interesting story waiting to hear more