Monday, July 27, 2009

The Begining...

(A distant scream.....)

"Baby, what happened? What is it? ", she asked me. She had switched on the bed side lamp. The clock showed that it was just 3.30 in the morning.

I knew that I was sweating like hell. I was dripping wet in spite of the ac.

"I saw it again."

"The dream?"

"Yes. It would never leave me I think. One day, it is going to take me with it. "

"Oh baby" She was hold me tightly to her and I could feel my wetness dripping onto her cold body. She didn't mind it.

"Baby, it will all be alright. Just don't think of it. Go back to sleep. I'll hold u. It’s still two more hours to go."

"I don't think I can do that. I won’t be able to sleep again. U go back to sleep. I'll be fine. I just need to stay awake."

"Are u sure darling? I don't want u to be sitting all alone, thinking of it."

"No, I won't. Just go back to sleep."

I kiss her on her forehead and walk towards the bathroom. I turn on the hot water and stand under the shower. I could feel the warm water dripping from my hair onto my body and down... It was a feeling I immensely loved. I always felt secure within the enclosure of the shower. And it helped me think too.

By the time I was out of the shower, she had gone back to sleep. I still had one and half hours before she woke up. I wanted something strong to drink. Whiskey? Well, I preferred strong black coffee. I didn't want a headache while working. I put on the kettle and brewed a strong one and took it to the living room. My thoughts were back to the dream. It is the third time now. Every time I had woken up; sweating and panting. I didn't know why it came back to me. But I knew if I didn't find out what it meant, it would haunt and hunt me forever.

I switched on my lap. There was the picture of me and her taken during our last vacation in Matheran. I was giving her a piggy ride. I think Ashish clicked it. We had gone as a group, the five of us. It had just been two months since I had met her first. She was some of the things I always wanted. She was fun to be with, mature for her age and loved travelling and driving and always managed to laugh at my PJs.

I logged in to my Blogger account. There wasn't much to do. No one leaves any comments. I guess who reads my blog. I always check back to see if the number of profile views has increased. Sometimes, I refresh 10-15 times just for the sake of it. I always wanted to be like those social netizens who got so much attention with a lot of fans and followers. For that, either u had to be a really good social animal with a good sense of humour and creativity or u had to be girl. Luckily enough, I was neither. I'm an introvert. And I guess I'm not the only one who wonders how I got her!

I knew what I wanted. This would be my new blog; something with life and emotion. It would be about those things that my life is bound to. I want this to be a hit. I know that sex is a best-seller. Maybe, I could spice it up occasionally with titbits about my love life. I know that is cheap. Well, I don't have the courage to come into limelight and do it. So, here I'm. U know me but still u don't. This is me, living my new lease of life on Blogger.

6 comments:

ZB said...

nicely narrated.

and welcome to blog world. hope to see you around. Thanks:)

Lone Survivor said...

Thank U. U r the first one to hit here.

And I'm an ol' timer in the blogger world. Survived the test of time and still clinging to wreckage. :)

C u around.

Sumi Mathai said...

but what was d dream ?

Anonymous said...

:-)

Time will tell...

HaRy!! said...

Yes wats the dream :) ? and that smiley means something eh?

Hary

Anonymous said...

expectations, though it may hurt, can be fun sometimes.

I wont disappoint u!

:-)